Yekaterinburg gives giant statue to Chinese sister city of Guangzhou
The replica was a gift from Yekaterinburg to Guangzhou, its sister city located in the People's Republic of China. Made of steel, the sculpture measures 100 centimeters long, 100 centimeters wide and 250 centimeters high. The statue is a monument to the Europe/Asian border located just outside of Yekaterinburg. The base of the statue is inscribed with the words, "Yekaterinburg, Europe and Asia", along with Yekaterinburg's city emblem, LifeofGuangzhou.com reports.
Bristol, Guangzhou's U.K. sister city, also contributed a replica statue to Yuntai's Park. The Brunel Gorilla statue, originally created to raise awareness of the protection of gorillas, was replicated and given to Guangzhou in time for the November 13 ceremony.
Leaders from Yekaterinburg, Bristol and Guangzhou gathered in Yuntai Park for the ceremony to celebrate past and future economic and cultural cooperation among the cities, according to LifeofGuangzhou.com.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants