Sverdlovsk region presents "Great Ural" tourism brand at exhibition
The event opens on November 15 with the region presenting its tourism potential under the brand name "Great Ural." The exhibit will feature displays from Ural Line Tour, AVS Forsage Plus, the International Institute of Tourism, and Ural Airlines, RusBusinessNews reports.
Members of the delegation will take part in a Russian-Chinese forum on cooperation in the tourism industry. There will also be a ceremony honoring the closing of the Year of Russian tourism in China.
Experts say that the exhibition could result in joint tourism projects with China, which could increase tourism in the Sverdlovsk region. The region is already seeing some growth in foreign travelers. It was visited by 49,000 tourists from abroad in 2010 and more than 81,000 in 2011. Tourists come to visit such destinations as the gold and gem deposits in Rezh and the gold mine in Beryozovsky. The site of the murder of Tsar Nicholas II and his wife and children is also a popular tourist destination, according to RusBusinessNews.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants