City officials in Yekaterinburg approve new election proposal
The new electoral guidelines now expand the number of city officials who will represent the citizens of Yekaterinburg, Ekburg.ru reports.
The proposal was drafted earlier in the week after more than six months of research and preparation by a committee on local government and public policy as well as the city's urban district election commission. Yekaterinburg city officials who participated in the November 13 vote praised the proposal for its quality. The election legislation will remain in effect for the next 10 years.
The first election in the city of Yekaterinburg subject to the reform will occur in September. There will be 36 representatives elected next September - 18 officials will be selected from existing party lists and an additional 18 from single-member-constituencies.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants