Police search for mosque vandals
The vandals wrote insulting words in bright paint on the mosque building, according to the regional press service, Itar-Tass reports.
"The team of detectives from the Chelyabinsk police department and representatives of the regional Spiritual Directorate of Muslims in the Chelyabinsk Region rushed to the incident site. The criminal experts have taken the samples of paint for an expertise. A paint spray container, from which the inscriptions were made on the wall, was found near the mosque," the press service reported, according to Itar-Tass.
Islam is the second most widely professed religion in the Russian Federation. A poll by the Russian Public Opinion Research Center reported that six percent of respondents considered themselves Muslim. Muslim minorities make up 14 percent of Russia's population.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants