Investigation: Patients brought to controversial rehab center by force
"Today the searches were made at the men's drug rehabilitation center of the City Without Drugs fund within the investigation in several criminal cases, which were opened earlier under several articles of the Russian Criminal Code for illegal deprivation of freedom and causing death through negligence. During the searches several drug rehabilitants confessed to the detectives that they were brought forcibly to the center," the press service for the Russian Investigation Committee said, Itar-Tass reports.
Investigators are now considering where the rehabilitants who do not have homes will stay. They are also looking into the details of how such rehabilitants were brought to the center.
Investigators confiscated computers and other electronics from the center during the examination. They are looking through the information in preparation for a criminal case.
Yevgeny Malenkin, the vice-president of the City Without Drugs fund, was recently put on the federal wanted list, Itar-Tass reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants