Yekaterinburg to host women's Euroleague Final Eight
The culmination of Europer's top club basketball competition will take place March 18-24. The event will be held at the home arena of UMMC Yekaterinburg, which won the tournament in 2003, RIA Novosti reports.
This will be the second time Yekaterinburg has hosted the tournament stage of the Euroleague season. The city also held the 2011 Final Four. This year the competition was expanded to eight teams.
"We are glad to return to Yekaterinburg after the big success of the Final Four they organized two years ago," Olafur Rafnsson. FIBA Europe's president, said, RIA Novosti reports. "There are few places in Europe and the world [with] such an enthusiastic crowd."
The eight teams will be determined after the regular season and playoffs. The teams will be divided into two groups, with the top two in each group qualifying for the semifinals.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants