Environmentalists attend Yekaterinburg rally
The ecologically-minded citizens discussed a new website, Steklotarin.ru, that spreads information about where glass can be recycled throughout Russia. Young Environmentalists Yekaterinburg created the site because of the difficulty in finding glassware recycling, particularly in sparsely populated towns.
"In order for our scheme to work (we need to do) a few things," the environmentalists said. "First - we have to take the initiative and to motivate people to take recyclables. Second - we need to help people find the glass collection points in their city."
The site displays glass collection points in Yekaterinburg, Barnaul Izhevsk Kiselevsk, Ufa, Krasnodar, Novosibirsk, Chelyabinsk, Perm, Samara, Voronezh, Saratov, St. Petersburg and Russia.
Representatives of the organization said that the website and the rally are small steps at the beginning of a long journey for the environment. The organization said it will continue to create information portals and hold rallies.
Plans are in place to create new household waste disposal services throughout Russia.
YEY is looking for more like-minded environmentally conscious people to join its ranks. The organization was started approximately one year ago with the purpose of improving cleanliness and the environment in Russia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants