Rockfall kills man at Sverdlovsk mine
The spokesman said that the man was engaged in blasting operations and did not return from work after his shift was over, Itar-Tass reports.
"Rescuers spotted a rockfall and the dead body of the miner with numerous fractures. An investigation is underway," the spokesman said, according to Itar-Tass.
Thousands of miners die each year from accidents. Most occur in the process of coal mining and hard rock mining. Accidents are more common in developing countries. In 2007, an accident at the Ulyanovskaya Mine killed at least 106 miners.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants