Sverdlovsk police on the look-out for serial killer
The crimes were committed in the Volga Federal District though the suspect may be hiding out in the Middle Urals, Itar-Tass reports.
"The suspect's identikit has been circulated in the region and hanged out in public places," the Sverdlovsk Police press service said, according to Itar-Tass.
According to investigators the unidentified man enters apartments under the pretense of being a condominium employee. He then strangles his victims - women aged 79-90 - with a slip knot.
Some of the murdered women were not robbed, suggesting that robbery was a low priority.
No murders have occurred since late September or early October, when three murders were committed. Investigators have the suspect on video and his identikit picture, Itar-Tass reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants