Woman detained for calling bomb threat into hospital
The woman, an unemployed resident of the town, said that she reported that a bomb was planted at the hospital. The woman allegedly blamed the hospital for her father's death, Itar-Tass reports.
"She made a call from her home telephone to the hospitals' surgery department and asked to evacuate all the patients over a threat of a terrorist act," a police spokesperson said, according to Itar-Tass.
The woman is being charged for reporting a hoax terrorist act, a charge that could land her in prison for up to three years.
"The woman has a minor child, so she is likely to be released under recognizance not to leave," the spokesman said, Itar-Tass reports.
Earlier reports said that approximately 500 people were evacuated from the hospital, including patients in severe condition. The patients were returned to the hospital after a search produced no explosive devices.
The regional health ministry said that none of the patients saw their conditions deteriorate after the evacuation.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants