Unfinished Yekaterinburg TV Tower will remain standing
'We have an independent body of experts' report on the condition of this building. The tower meets the necessary safety requirements and is not a threat to the buildings surrounding it. This is why there is no need for dismantling it; what we do need to do is finish the tower and use it for some purpose,' Pyankov said, according to Ural Business Consulting.
There was a possibility that the unfinished tower, which was designed in the mid-1970s, would be used by the Federal State Unitary Enterprise Russian Television and Radio Broadcasting Network, but the company has decided instead to build a new broadcast tower.
There is also a possibility that the tower may be repurposed as a shopping center, observation deck or restaurant. Regional authorities are currently looking for investors.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants