Yekaterinburg considers Minsk's experience for major sports events
Yevgeny Porunov, the chairman of the Yekaterinburg City Duma, discussed interest during a meeting before the Minsk City Executive Committee. A delegation from Yekaterinburg is in Minsk through Wednesday, BeITA reports.
"We have something to learn from you," Porunov said, according to BeITA. "The main goal of our trip is to get familiar with your experience of preparing for a significant international event."
The capital city of Belarus will welcome a world ice hockey championship in 2014. Yekaterinburg will host a world soccer championship in 2018.
Aside from sports, representatives from the two cities discussed trade and economic relations, culture and youth policy.
Nikolai Ladutko, the chairman of the Minsk City Executive Committee, said that the two cities had much in common.
"Yekaterinburg has a considerable industrial potential, we should step up cooperation," Ladutko said, according to the BeITA. "For now we buy from you more than we sell, the balance of trade with your region is negative. It is necessary to more actively cooperate within the framework of the Single Economic Space."
The Yekaterinburg delegation will also visit industrial enterprises and participate in a roundtable discussion with the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, according to BeITA.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants