Two in grave condition after Yekaterinburg household explosion
The explosion and resulting fire occurred in an apartment on the second floor of a nine story residential building in Yekaterinburg. Six people were injured in the blast, including three residents and three representatives of the gas supply service, according to Itar-Tass.
Residents in the apartment building called the gas service after smelling the odor of gas in the building. The explosion occurred while the representatives were examining and repairing the equipment.
The Ministry of Emergency Situations reported that five people were injured in the blast, with two of them hospitalized and in "grave condition." Fire fighter evacuated 30 others from the house, five of whom had to be rescued.
"One man had to be evacuated from an elevator," the regional EMERCOM department said, Itar-Tass reports.
Firefighters on the scene put out the fire, while EMERCOM officers and police also provided service at the scene of the fire.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants