Russia defeats Czech team in UEFA Under-21 play off
The team advanced to play in the semifinals on October 16. The match will be held in Yekaterinburg, with winner advancing to the Euro 2013 finals, The Voice of Russia reports.
The win marks the first time in 14 years that Russia's junior team has made it to the UEFA championships.
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe and parts of Asia. It is one of six continental confederations of FIFA, the soccer world's governing body. The Under-21 championships has been held every two years since 1978. The tournament is considered a stepping stone toward careers on the senior team.
Spain is the reigning champion.
The finals of the next competition will be hosted by Israel in 2013.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants