Yekaterinburg police arrest two burglars
The two men allegedly visited the homes of Yekaterinburg residents pretending to be salesmen for dietary supplements and various medical equipment. After the residents let the two men in, one would chat with the resident about health concerns while the other man stole money, property and jewelry, JustMedia reports.
The burglars chose elderly victims in the scheme because they would have many age-related diseases to discuss and are typically willing to politely let strangers into their homes.
While the detained burglars have confessed to the crimes, the police have reason to believe that the duo may have committed more crimes than they have given confessions for, according to JustMedia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants