Yekaterinburg increases security measures before soccer match
A representative of the Chief Directorate of Internal Affairs of Russia in the Sverdlovsk region said that protection will occur both at the stadium itself and in the nearby area, BakuToday reports.
Ground police officers will coordinate with the aerial high-altitude Oko-1 surveillance system. Traffic will be limited on multiple streets in the city, including Ilya Repin St. to Malysheva St., Malysheva to Kraula, Kraula to Pirogov and Pirogov to Klyuchevskoy. Additionally, only fans checking out of the stadium will be allowed to exit through the one-way traffic of Klyuchevskoy toward Krylova and Kraula, according to BakuToday.
Parking on the territory of the eternal flame in the direction of Kraula and Pirogov and from Repin to Tatischev will also be banned.
The much anticipated match has sold more than 20,000 tickets so far. The first round of the tournament between Ural and Anji is scheduled for 8 p.m. local time.
As one of the richest teams in Russia and all of Europe, Anji includes several stars of the soccer world,including Mbark Boussoufa, Lassana Diarra and Samuel Eto'o. The team is led by Guus Hiddink, one of the most renowned coaches in the game.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants