Students evacuated after bomb threat
An anonymous youth called the police on Tuesday, warning that a bomb was planted in one of the schools in Nizhnevartovsk. The caller did not identify exactly which school, leading authorities to evacuate all students from the district schools, Itar-Tass reports.
Police were put on the alert and traffic police helped cordon off all roads leading to the school while bomb sniffing dogs searched all the school buildings.
Spreading false information about a terrorist attack is illegal in Russia an can carry a fine of $6,000 or three years in prison, according to Itar-Tass.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants