Yekaterinburg to host contest for World Food Day
The contest will determine the tastiest and healthiest recipes sent to the consulate between now and October 10. In addition to the competition, the consulate will host a master class for 10 students on how to cook American dishes and the importance of food safety.
The winners of the contest will take one of the 10 spots in the master class.
World Food Day was started by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and is celebrated on October 16.
The 2012 World Food Day theme is related to agricultural cooperatives and feeding the world. The theme was chosen to highlight how cooperatives can improve food security and eradicate hunger, according to the FAO website.
The goals of World Food Day include encouraging technical and economic cooperation between developing companies, encouraging the participation of rural people in activities and decisions influencing living conditions, encouraging attention to agricultural food production and stimulating non-governmental, national, bilateral and multilateral efforts to encourage that attention, heightening public awareness of the issue of hunger worldwide, promoting the transfer of technologies to the developing world, and strengthening international and national solidarity in the struggle against malnutrition, hunger and poverty.
The day is also meant to draw attention to achievements in agricultural and food development.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants