Construction set to begin on commercial apartment buildings
"Early in 2013, a pilot project on the construction of commercial apartment buildings will begin in Sverdlovsk Region," Sverdlovsk Region Deputy Construction and Infrastructure Development Minister Viktor Kiselev said, according to Ural Business Consulting. "The city council of Kamensk-Uralsky will provide the first location for the buildings. After the apartments in these two economy class buildings have been commissioned, they will be let to specific categories of local residents and to Kamensk-Uralsky businesspeople who are interested in long-term renting of flats to accommodate their employees on fixed-term contracts."
A national program is currently being developed by Russia's Regional Development Ministry for the construction of commercial apartment buildings.
When completed, the new buildings will solve the problem of expanding council housing wait lists. Additionally, apartments will be made available to those who are moving for employment purposes, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants