Mutko: Yekaterinburg likely to host World Cup matches
The minister has divided the 13 candidate cities into three groups: ones that are prepared to host, ones that are highly likely to be ready to host and those that still have problems hindering their selection, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kazan, Sochi and Yekaterinburg were categorized as cities prepared to host. Krasnodar and Samar were considered highly likely to be ready for the tournament, while Saransk, Volgograd, Yaroslavl, Kaliningrad and Rostov-on-Don were named as having certain problems involved in their candidacy.
Yekaterinburg was tested as a host city when it held qualification matches for the youth Euro Cup. Russia's national team defeated players from Poland in a recent match in the city, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants