Yekaterinburg Central Stadium considered for Russian national youth team matches
The European youth championships 2013 held a qualification match at the stadium on September 10. The Russian national team tied with Moldavia, as did Poland and Portugal. Nikolai Pisarev's team came first in the group and is now in for the qualification play-off, Ural Business Consulting reports.
"The Russian football union said at the end of the two matches, the stadium team managed to provide great organizational quality. This is an important factor for us, given especially that the FIFA committee is now selecting the cities that will participate in World Cup 2018. We also hope that we'll host some international matches again in October and will help our national team get lucky in the matches," stadium Director-General Vadim Vorobiev said, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Teams will go head-to-head for a spot in the Euro Cup on October 12 and October 16.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants