Sverdlovsk Region trade with Ukraine rises to pre-recession levels
Delegates from the region, lead by First Deputy Head of Government Vladimir Vlasov, took part in a celebration honoring Ukraine's Independence Day. The visit included a delegates' meeting with the chairman of the Vinnitsa Region state administration, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Trade figures rose to $684 million in 2011 from the pre-recession figure of $580.8 million in 2008. Ukraine was the Sverdlovks Region's fifth largest foreign trade partner last year, which accounted for the highest figure see in the last 10 years. Exports and imports continue to rise as trade grows in a balanced way.
The Sverdlovsk Region and Vinnitsa Region state administrations signed an agreement on trade, economic, scientific, technological and humanitarian cooperation last year.
The meeting also led to a proposal in which the Vinnitsa Region would provide the Sverdlovsk Region with agricultural produce while the Vinnitsa Region would purchase medical equipment and other products from the Mid-Urals, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants