Yekaterinburg celebrates City Day
Events on Saturday included a traditional concert, vintage car exhibition, poetic dance marathon, Photocross blind date and a flash mob, E1.ru reports.
One event included a three hour air show that was expected to pull in approximately 10,000 visitors. The show marked the 60th anniversary of the unification of the Air Force and Air Defense forces of Siberia and the Volga region. The show included the aerobatics of the famous Swifts, military aircraft, transport aircraft, helicopters and a display of aviation technology.
More than 300 Olympic, European and world athletes also took part in the City Day celebrations, including a 2.5 kilometer biathlon race involving male, female and young biathletes. Without snow to ski on, the athletes used an artificial snow cover, the Voice of Russia reports.
Celebrations for City Day began early in August with the Criterium and Fair Deficit events followed by the Faforit Challenge, an equestrian festival. Yekaterinburg also celebrated by renovating multiple schools and kindergartens along with the creation of a pedestrian bridge, E1.ru reports.
Parts of the central area of the city were blocked off for the festivities and residents were advised to refrain from driving.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants