Biathlon race a success in Yekaterinburg
The competition was held on a special polymer surface that covered the grass and acted as snow. The city also hosted an impromptu shooting range to complete the course. Anton Shipulin, a biathlete himself, organized the successful race, Biathlon News reports.
Other stars participating in the event included Alexey Volkov, Ivan Tcherezov, Evgeny Ustyugov, Olga Viluhina, Olga Zaitseva and Svetlana Sleptsova.
Many other international stars turned down an invitation to the event, making the excuse that August was too important of a month for training to make the long trip.
Multiple government officials also attended the event, including Eugene Kuivashev, the governor of the Sverdlovsk region; Eugene Porunov, the city duma chairman; Alexander Jacob, the head of the city's administration; and Arkady Chernetsky, a member of the Sverdlovsk region Federation Council.
Also available at the event was an interactive skiing simulator that gave attendees the chance to shoot and ski just like the biathlon athletes. Other activities at the Star of Biathlon event included Kinect games, the Reactable turntable game and a relaxing lounge with internet access, BakuToday reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants