Yekaterinburg to host biathlon competition
Olympians at the competition will include Anton Shipulina, Olga Zaitseva, Svetlana Sleptsova and Anna Bogaily-Titovets. The city will create an ad-hoc biathlon trail, allowing world-class winter athletes to demonstrate speed, skill and accuracy by skiing and hitting a target, BakuToday reports.
The Star of Biathlon race will include a 2.5 kilometer for men and women as well as a mixed race that will include champions and young biathletes from the Sverdlovsk region and Yekaterinburg.
Lyudmila Stolyarova, the public relations director from the Ural branch of OJSC MegaFon, said that the company will honor its 10 year anniversary in the Sverdlovsk region by hosting the event and creating a festival around it. In addition to actual biathlon events, guests will have the opportunity to play virtual biathlon games, Stolyarova said, according to BakuToday.
An interactive simulator that simulates Skytec downhill skiing will give attendees the opportunity to ski and shoot just like the biathlon athletes. In addition to the biathlon games, attendees will be able to play multiple other sports on Kinect or to create a musical set on the turntable game Reactable. Guests can also relax in the lounge with comfortable chairs and internet access.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants