Yekaterinburg to host table tennis tournament
The tournament will be organized by the Ministry of Physical Culture, the sport and youth policy of the Sverdlovsk region, the table tennis federation of Russia and the Yekaterinburg city administration, BakuToday reports.
Competitors will gather in Yekaterinburg from around the world, with athletes representing Portugal, Germany, Denmark, Croatia, Belarus, Ukraine, China and more.
The tournament is one stage in the ITTF Pro Tour.
The International Table Tennis Federation began the tour in 1996 to heighten the quality of the sport. There are six events in the tour, including men's and women's doubles, men's and women's singles, and men's and women's singles under the age of 21. Players in the tour accumulate points based on performance and how many points they gather during the various tournaments throughout the year.
The players who gain the highest rankings of all the table tennis competitors may be invited to the ITTF World Tour Grand Finals. Russia held tournaments for the tour from 2004 through 2008. China is the most frequent host of the tournaments with 23 ITTF tournaments since 1996.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants