Museum of Everything tours Yekaterinburg
James Brett, the London-based creator of the gallery, said that it was intriguing to see the differences between artists in Russia and artists in the United Kingdom, the Voice of Russia reports.
"I think what's interesting is the thing I thought there was which is this very strong culture of making, painting and creating and people are of a much higher skill than I'd find in England for example," Brett said, according to the Voice of Russia. "There are a lot of very good technical draftsmen and women who just go and paint a landscape...it's a really accepted hobby."
Brett spotted other differences between the United Kingdom artists and Russian artists, including a certain reverence for classical art.
"The other thing that was quite surprising was that they love the Russian masters, so we get a lot of copies of historic Russian artists," Brett said, according to Voice of Russia. "Which is not really what we're looking for but it's fascinating because there's a very strong respect for the history of Russian art."
The exhibit will travel to Nizhny Novgorod and St. Petersburg before traveling to Moscow for two weeks at the Garage Center for Contemporary Art. The gallery will display the most interesting finds from its tour.
"The project is a little bit of a needle in a haystack project," Brett said, according to the Voice of Russia. "Because we're looking for certain people with unique qualities, but we are finding them."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants