Work-related illnesses up 23 percent in the Sverdlovsk region
The Sverdlovsk Region division of Rospotrebnadzor reports that 714 cases of illnesses and poisonings were registered last year, according to Ural Business Consulting.
The majority of illnesses - 78 percent - were respiratory system disorders, while eight percent were related to the musculoskeletal system. Pneumatic hammer disease accounted for five percent, radiculopathy, neoplasms and acoustic organ disorders for two percent, and skin and vision organ disorders accounted for one percent of cases, according to Ural Business Consulting.
The mining and metals processing industries are responsible for many pneumoconiosis, musculoskeletal system disorders and noise-generated pathologies. Agriculture and the tertiary sector, meanwhile, result mostly in allergies including spasmodic asthma and dermatitis, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants