Yekaterinburg Motorist to compete in Stone Flower tournament finals
Both teams accumulated four points by winning their first two matches. While Motorist won both of its games in shootouts, Mauntfild won its second game 3-1, defeating Nizhny Tagil's Sputnik team. The Czech squad was led by Ceske Budejovice, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
Motorist dealt with a tough challenge in its second round match from the Permian Hammer-Kama region squad. The team from Perm is lead by former Motorist captain Alexander Gulyavtseva, who helped the team to a 2-1 lead going into the third period. With three minutes left, Yekaterinburg pulled its goaltender to give it a sixth player on the ice. The gamble paid off when Bronislaw Mezey knotted the score at 2-2.
Yekaterinburg's luck continued to pay dividends in the shootout when defender Denis Sokolov was the only player to put the puck into the net, lifting Motorist to a 3-2 victory, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants