Regular citizens hunt pedophiles in Yekaterinburg
The group consists of people in their 20s and 30s who set up fake profiles of young girls on dating websites. The group contains 1,534 participants and has the goal of finding and stopping pedophiles, Mir66 reports.
"Our activities are aimed at detecting and stopping actions of pedophiles by the disclosure of their real faces police and the community," the group said in an official statement, Mir66 reports. "We are against lynching and killing of pedophiles. Evaluation of their actions should (be given to) the relevant authorities."
The group starts by identifying pedophiles by creating fake profiles online and waiting until they receive contact from an older man. Upon receiving contact, the group finds out all of his personal information and arranges a meeting. The group then records the man and posts the clips on the internet.
Members of the group carry out the pedophile search a couple of times every week.
Valery Gorelykh, a spokesman for the Interior Ministry of the Sverdlovsk region, expressed concern that the work the group is doing is too dangerous and should be carried out by police.
"They may not know the psyche of (these) men," Gorelykh said, according to Mir66. "Maybe he will come to a meeting with a weapon...such work must be carried out in cooperation with law enforcement. If something (is suspected), it is best to transfer all data to the police."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants