Donations requested to save life of a Yekaterinburg 10-year-old
Tatiana White has taken her son George to the ProCure Center in Chicago in an effort to save his life. The procedure for proton radiation therapy will cost approximately $127,000. White has requested help to make the procedure possible, E1.ru reports.
"My name is Tatiana White," White said, according to E1.ru. "I (am the) mother (of) a wonderful boy, George White. (He is my) only beloved child. Please help me save him!"
At the age of five, George White came down with a difficult case of chickenpox. Upon further examination, it was determined that the boy had a large tumor pressing against his optic nerve. After emergency surgery, the tumor was removed but it continued to grow back.
The boy underwent 40 rounds of chemotherapy in the past three years to try to inhibit the growth of the tumor. Further chemotherapy proved ineffective and the only way to stop the cancer from growing and spreading is to undergo proton radiation, E1.ru reports.
The $127,000 will cover a screening, the irradiation procedure, a hospital stay, transportation, translation services and consumer spending. The money must be collected by August 10. Payments are being collected at Sberbank Russia's Yekaterinburg Southern branch number 7004.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants