Sverdlovsk hunter shoots campers after mistaking them for boars
A group of four was were gathered near the forest when three of them were shot. The shooter was approximately 70 meters away from the picnickers when he fired the shots using a hunting rifle. He then fled the scene in an off-road vehicle, RIA Novosti reports.
One of the victims, a high-ranking private security guard, died at the scene. The other two were rushed to the hospital in unspecified condition, according to the regional branch of the local investigative committee. While the report said that the shooter may have mistook the men for boars in the dark, it did not say what could have prompted the hunter to make such a mistake.
Police are on the lookout for the shooter, who could get up to two years in prison for involuntary manslaughter, according to RIA Novosti.
In September, an elderly poacher in the Tyumen region accidentally killed his son-in-law during a hunting trip. The victim may have played a prank on his relative as a result of boredom. The son-in-law allegedly imitated boar noises, prompting the poacher to take a wild shot in the dark that hit the boar imitator.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants