Wildfires prompt emergency measures in Urals regions
Hot weather has caused the wildfire situation to deteriorate dramatically, according to Itar-Tass.
"The difficult fire situation forces municipal authorities to take emergency measures," the spokesman said, Itar-Tass reports. "Thus, special fire regime has been imposed in 46 municipalities and districts. An emergency situation regime has been imposed in the Sosvinsky, Gagarinsky, Tavdinsky, and Taborinsky districts and in the town of Revda. Emergency situation regime might be imposed in the Alapayevsky district as well."
Wildfires have swept across 286 hectares of forests in the South Urals. Since the beginning of fire season, more than 1,000 forest fires have been extinguished across 7,000 hectares. Since July 13, special precautions have been imposed, with people banned from going into the forest and making fires, according to Itar-Tass.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants