College student dies in car accident
The accident occurred in the Shetskiy area on the Yekaterinburg-Almaty road, 20 kilometers away from the village of Akchatau, on Sunday at approximately 1 p.m. The woman driving the car, Sung-Yong, was moving toward Lake Balkhash when the left rear tire depressurized and caused the car to roll over in a ditch, Central Asian News reports.
As a result of the accident, a 19-year-old girl who was a passenger in the vehicle died at the site. Two other women and two children were also admitted to the hospital with varying injuries. The victims were all residents of Lake Balkhash. The incident is under further investigation.
Additionally, a bus accident in Nizhny Tagil injured five out of 37 passengers this week. The bus was traveling from Yekaterinburg to Lower Salda and crashed in the Dzerzhinsk area, Kp.ru reports.
The driver dropped an object and tried to pick it up, taking his eyes off the road. The bus crashed into a pole injuring five of the passengers with moderately severe injuries. Three of them were hospitalized, including two girls and one man.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants