Avtomobilist making noise in the offseason
Holt was a key player for Dinamo Riga the past two seasons, with a 91.7 save percentage and a 2.45 co-efficient. Afanasenkov won the Stanley Cup with Tampa Bay in 2004 and returned to Russia in 2007. After two seasons with Dynamo Moscow, he went to Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, Traktor Chelyabinsk and Switzerland before signing with Avtomobilist, KHL reports.
The Yekaterinburg squad has set its sights on multiple high-profile transfer targets, including a campaign to sign the Yekaterinburg-born Alexei Yashin. By signing Holt and Afanasenkov, the perennially underperforming squad may look for a push to the top of the standings in the upcoming season.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants