Ministry for public property management to take over unfinished Yekaterinburg TV tower
Governor of the region Evgeny Kuivashev and Head of Government Denis Pasler made the request in a letter to the Russian TV & Radio Broadcasting Network. Additionally, Minister for Public Property Management Alexei Pyankov met with the head of RTRS, Petr Podoinikov, Ural Business Consulting reports.
"We came to a general agreement on handing the tower over to the regional authorities at no charge, in case the latter provide us with an equivalent land allotment. The papers are being approved at the moment," Pyankov said, according to Ural Business Consulting. "The decision is not expected to be made quickly, as the tower is managed by Rosimushchestvo, so this agency has to grant its approval."
Regional authorities are also thinking of how to use the tower, according to the minister.
"Under the original project, it could be used for transmitting analogous signals, which is an absolutely obsolete technology at the moment. Obviously, one will have to focus on bringing the tower in compliance with the technical safety requirements and making it look more presentable," Pyankov said, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants