Avtomobilist Hockey Club begins paying salaries
The Continental Hockey League had offered to pay the salaries, but the club agreed with Governor of the Sverdlovsk Region Evgeny Kuivashev that should pay the salaries from its own funds, URBC.ru reports.
A survey conducted by league members sought input on whether or not a loan should be granted to Avtomobilist from the league's reserves. The loan would have allowed the club to appear at the league's next championship because, under existing rules, clubs that do not pay off debts by May 31 are not allowed to appear at the games.
According to League Trade Union Chairman Andrei Kovalenko said that Avtomobilist carried approximately $3.5 million in unpaid salaries and premiums at the end of may, according to URBC.ru.
Avtomobilist finished last in the Eastern Conference in the 2011-2012 season.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants