Great Tea Road rally to pass through Yekaterinburg
The rally, which will begin in Saint Petersburg n June 30 and takes place before the 2012 APEC summit, is expected to finish in Vladivostok on July 31, English.RUVR.ru reports.
The goal of the rally is to expand the ties between APEC countries and to develop automotive tourism in the region.
Ten vehicles will be used by athletes, journalists, politicians and businessmen from 21 APEC countries to cross Russia's north-west.
The rally will pass through more than 20 Russian cities, including Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk and Khabarovsk.
The rally "will include Japan's Mazdas, the U.S.'s Ford Kugas, Russia's UAZ PATRIOTs SUVs and South Korea's Ssang Youngs," Grigory Sarishvili, the deputy head of the Russian Federal Agency for Tourism, said, according to English.RUVR.ru.
The Great Tea Road sent tea caravans to Europe across China, Mongolia and Russia until the Trans-Siberian Railway took over the road's transportation services.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants