Yekaterinburg presents World Expo bid in Paris
The presentation was given during the International Exhibition Bureau's General Assembly, which was attended by delegates from 160 different countries. At the assembly, each city bidding for the 2020 World Exposition presented their applications, explaining why their city should be honored with the chance to host a world exposition, URBC.ru reports.
This year marks the 151st meeting of the International Exhibitions Bureau, and presentations were heard from cities bidding to host both the 2017 and the 2020 World Expositions. The International Exhibitions Bureau is the oversight organization that sets the date and venue for every expo.
Among the attendees of Yekaterinburg's Paris presentation was the mayor of Yekaterinburg, Alexander Yakob, who helped present the city's merits to the delegation. The final decision will be made by the International Exhibitions Bureau in 2013, according to URBC.ru.
"EXPO 2020" is currently scheduled to be held from May 1, 2020, through October 31, 2020. The event is expected to attract 20 million visitors from around the world, and as many as 100,000 to 200,000 people each day.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants