Yekaterinburg beauty Irina Antonenko rose to universal prominence
Antonenko graduated from school No. 156, where she was described as "a very modest and polite girl," Ural.kp.ru reports.
It was at school No. 156 that Antonenko entered her first beauty pageant, which saw her fail to finish in the top three.
After graduation, she studied finance at the Ural Finance and Jurisprudence Institute while simultaneously embarking on a modeling career.
Antonenko won the regional Miss Yekaterinburg contest in 2009 before being crowned Miss Russia 2010 in Moscow. Antonenko succeeded Sofia Rudieve, Miss Russia 2009, taking home a cash prize of $100,000. She turned heads at the pageant in a $60,000 Empire-style hand-made evening silk dress by Jacob Schaefer.
Antonenko, who was accompanied to the pageant by her mother and grandmother, brought Matryoshkas with pictures of previous Miss Universe winners as part of her required gifts.
Following her success in the Miss Russia pageant, Antonenko began working with the world famous designer Philipp Plein as a model and participated in fashion shows by Ilya Shiyan, Alina Assi, Irina Natanova, Olga Delfi and Vyacheslav Zitsev.
In the future, Antonenko plans on furthering her education and pursuing a post-graduate degree.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants