New animal rescue shelter opens in Yekaterinburg
According to the press service of the city administration, the new animal shelter involved the complete reconstruction of the existing facilities at EMUP Spetsavtobaza. The new facilities now have a total floor area of 480 square meters, Mir66 reports.
The new facilities include a total of 50 cages that have a carrying capacity of up to 150 animals. In addition, the facilities include a new veterinary office, quarantine zone, and storage and utility rooms.
Current city policy requires stray dogs to be seen by the State Veterinary Service. If the captured dogs are healthy and show no signs of aggression, the animals are sterilized and placed into an animal shelter, where they await a new owner. The funding for the programs is supplied through the city budget, according to Mir66.
If the animal is able to find a new home within 21 days, the city has an agreement to pass adoption fees onto the charity fund Zoozaschita.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants