Yekaterinburg to build monument to businessmen
The monument will be a bronze sculpture of a man's height and will be completed in 2013, according to Anatoly Filippenkov, the president of the Union of Small and Medium Size Enterprises of the Sverdlovsk Region. The announcement was made at the Future of Yekaterinburg business forum, Russia.ic.com reports.
"This monument will be the first of its kind in Russia. There is a monument to shuttle traders, but no monument to entrepreneurs," Filippenkov said, according to Russia.ic.com.
The monument will cost an estimated $160,000 and will be built in close proximity to the Ural State Economic University. The honorary monument will be financed through area businessmen. The finished product is scheduled to be unveiled on May 26, 2013.
Business culture in Russia was virtually non-existent before the break-up of the Soviet Union. Russia made the transition to a market-based economy after 1991 under the leadership of President Boris Yeltsin.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants