Putins warns Olympic contractors at Nizhny Tagil meeting
Putin, one of the main backers of Sochi's Olympic hosting bid, has personally overseen most of the city's preparations, BlueRidgeNow.com reports.
Putin recently visited Sochi to inspect work sites and critique the work being done by construction companies, reminding them that they are responsible for bills submitted years ago to the Russian government. Putin also took the time to warn against inflating prices during the final months of Olympic infrastructure building.
"I'm aware of the desire of some ordering parties and subcontractors to increase the cost of the sites now in the final stages of the construction," Putin said, BlueRidgeNow.com reports. "This is unacceptable."
The government may fine companies that lag behind in construction, Putin warned.
Currently, the budget for the Sochi Olympics stands at approximately $6.5 billion, with more than half of that amount coming from the private sector.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants