Extreme bike jumping coming to Yekaterinburg
The new bike jumping competition will involve the use of an air cushion that will allow extreme bike jumpers to perform complex tricks that would otherwise be too risky to perform on a traditional ramp. The air cushion removes the risk of serious injury and encourages bikers to attempt more complicated tricks then they would otherwise feel safe doing in a major competition, Mir66 reports.
The new extreme bike jumping competition will be held at Plotinka on May 27. The preliminary event will be held between noon and 2 p.m., and the finals will occur between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
According to Othersport.ru, judges will be evaluating each biker's performance on the style of tricks they perform as well as the technical execution of the jump. Tricks will be counted only if the biker successfully lands on two wheels, emulating a successful landing on a traditional wooden ramp. The competition will also include a separate prize category for the best costumed rider.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants