Dynamo defender apologizes for incident with opponent
Wilkshire, an Australian, allegedly grabbed goal scorer Roman Eremenko by the throat after Rubin's 1-0 win in Yekaterinburg. Wilkshire did not feature during his team's loss, RIA Novosti reports.
"Wilkshire is one of the roughest players in the Premier League, he's committed a lot of provocative actions," Maxim Lopukhov, a spokesman for Rubin, said, according to RIA Novosti. "I can't say anything good about this player whatsoever. It's not the first time he's behaved like that, thuggishly."
Wilkshire apologized for the incident on Dynamo's website, though he did not specify what he was apologizing for in particular.
"In the area under the stands, a small incident happened, which I regret," Wilkshire said, according to RIA Novosti. "It's a personal conflict between me and Roman Eremenko, the reasons for which the Rubin midfielder knows well. I offer my sincere apologies to Roman Eremenko and to all representatives of the Rubin football club."
Wilkshire is tied as the second most booked player in the Russian Premier League behind Spartak Nalchik's Anry Khagush. Wilkshire has 15 yellow cards in 39 appearances in the league this season.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants