British Consulate General celebrates run-up to 2012 Olympics
Marking 88 days before the Olympics and 117 days before the Paralympics, the British Consulate teamed up with the Ministry of Sports and Youth Policy of the Sverdlovsk region in order to organize the goodwill sporting event. As part of the celebrations, Olympic and Paralympic champions from the Sverdlovsk region provided lessons and classes to children in judo, volleyball, table tennis and gymnastics, according to UKInMontserrat.fco.gov.uk.
"British people are very excited about the opportunity to host the Olympics in 2012, as I am sure Russian people are about 2014 in Sochi," British Consul General James McGuire said, UKInMontserrat.fco.gov.uk reports. "I wish those sportsmen who will take part in the 2012 Olympics in London good luck and may the best men and women win."
The event was attended by the Minister of Sports of the Sverdlovsk region Leonid Rapoport, the Minister of International and Foreign-Economic relations of the Sverdlovsk region Alexander Kharlov and Ombudswoman of the Sverdlovsk region Tatiana Merzlyakova.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants