UMMC Yekaterinburg works on roster
UMMC Yekaterinburg is currently in the process of creating a line-up that will include two former FIBA Europe Women Player of the Year award winners, FIBAEurope.com reports.
Latvian superstar Anete Jekabsone and Russia's Maria Stepanova have both signed extensions to play with UMMC in the 2012-2013 season. Both players have also suffered recent injuries. Jekabsone tore her left ACL during a game with Ros Casares on January 25, leaving her sidelined for the remainder of last season, and Stepanova tore her ACL during the EuroLeague Women Final Eight game.
"The club trusts me and values me," Jekabsone said, according to FIBAEurope.com. "And that's why I want to come back and I want to do everything I can to help."
Also returning to UMMC in the 2012-2013 season is starting point guard Sue Bird, who suffered a broken nose during the warm-up for the EuroLeague Women Final Eight game against rival Ros Casares. The American gold medalist missed the team's most important game of the season, but was able to return to the court and finish the tournament wearing a facemask.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants