Ramboll to design facilities at Nizhny Novgorod International
Nizhny Novgorod International is currently Russia's fastest growing regional airport, and the new project will involve the construction of a new passenger terminal as well as a new access road and parking area. In winning the contract, Ramboll beat out the Dutch firm Tebodin and the German construction company Hochtief, according to TheConstructionIndex.co.uk.
"This high profile contract represents another positive step forward for our company in the fast-growing Russian aviation market," managing director of Ramboll in Russia Sergej Juzovitski said, according to TheConstructionIndex.co.uk
. "The customer acknowledged our successful local and international project experience and the diligent effort our team put into the bid preparation."
The new construction at the Novgorod airport is expected to be completed by 2014, and further expansion is expected as passenger traffic grows. Nizhny Novgorod is set to host the FIFA world championship games in 2018. Because of the upcoming high profile soccer tournament, regional authorities are investing heavily into the expansion of the city's transportation infrastructure.
The Nizhny Novgorod International Airport is part of a new airport consortium that was established in Russia by the Koltsovo Yekaterinburg Airport.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants