High speed chase occurs in Beloyarsky
The situation occurred at approximately 1:05 p.m. when the car sped down N105 Street and specialized DPS traffic police with Russia's Sverdlovsk region witnessed the vehicle. Law enforcement officers used their whistles and wands to attempt to signal the driver to pull over and stop, but he ignored their signals and continued to drive quickly, E1.ru reports.
Traffic police pursued the vehicle and used their loudspeakers to demand that the driver stop. Instead of slowing down, the driver increased his speed and endangered the lives of other drivers with his recklessness. The driver even drove into the oncoming lane in an effort to get away from the pursuit and went through a red light.
After the driver passed the quarry, a traffic police officer received approval to use his weapon in an area that was not crowded and had little to no traffic. At first, the officer fired three warning shots into the air. After the driver still refused to respond, the officers fired multiple shots at the wheels of the car.
The driver finally stopped after the targeted shots and was detained by police. He was a 25-year-old resident of the Beloyarsky village who had previously had his right to drive revoked due to drunk driving. In court, he was sentenced to 10 days of administrative detention, according to E1.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants