Victory parade rehearsal in Yekaterinburg
The area between Lenin Ave. and Karl Liebknecht St. was closed on Friday starting at 7:00 p.m., and the parade rehearsal gathered in 1905 square at approximately 10:00 p.m. Cars illegally parked within the area were towed, Mir66 reports.
The parade is held every year in honor of Russia's victory in the Great Patriotic War, or World War II. This year's parade will celebrate the 67th anniversary of that historic event.
The Friday rehearsal involved more than 100 different military vehicles, including T-72 tanks, BMP-2 amphibious infantry fighting vehicles, BTR-80 armored personnel carriers, ICAA anti-aircraft missile launchers, 9K33 Osa surface-to-air missile systems, S-300 anti-aircraft missile launchers and many other military vehicles.
The military convoy was arranged by vehicle type and followed the parade route along Patrice Lumumba St., Shaumyan St., Repin St. and Seraphim Deryabina St. Traffic detours and street security was handled by local police, who helped the parade rehearsal occur without incident, according to Mir66.
The final parade rehearsal scheduled for the evening of May 4. The Victory Parade will be held on May 9.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants